Why Order a Roll On Roll Off (RORO)?
A Roll On Roll Off container is a large sized skip that is loaded on and off a vehicle with wheels and using a mechanical hook winch. The advantages of using a RORO on site:
- Reduce the number of skips ordered.
- Reduce the cost by fewer transportation movements.
- Reduce the carbon footprint. Protecting the environment
- Speeding up waste disposal from site. Especially with the Wait and Load Service
Wasteology provide 20,30 and 40 cubic yard Roll on Roll Offs, including open, enclosed and compactor containers. The most popular are open top containers with rear door access for easy loading. Both Construction Sites and Commercial sites use these containers adhoc and on regular collection services. Whatever your needs give our Professionally trained team to help you:
Call Us On 01823 672 900
Added Benefits Of Using Wasteology For Your RORO
Wasteology operate a cost effective and efficient timely service for Commercial, Industrial and Construction Sites.
- Our vehicles have a telematics system for real time tracking enabling reliable scheduled collections.
- We are accredited and trained to comply with your regulations for Site Waste Management Plans (SWMP) and Recycle Reports
- We are committed to Halving Waste To Lanfill and all waste materials collected are treated at our Waste Transfer Stations in Wellington Somerset.
Access, Permits, Wait & Load and Legal Responsibility For A RORO
You will also need to think about where you will put the RORO. A typical RORO lorry is roughly 9ft wide, 14ft in height and 32ft long and has a gross weight of around 32 tonnes. You will need to bear this in mind if you require the RORO placed in a confined or weak space (such as very narrow streets or weak bridges, behind houses etc.). You cannot locate a RORO directly below low trees.
Otherwise, you may need to consider placing the skip in another location, such as on the public highway. If accessibility is a problem, then contact a member of the Transport Team on 01823 672 900, as we can still offer alternative waste disposal services apart from RORO and Skip Hire.
A permit is required if the RORO is to be placed on a public highway. Wasteology is able to provide permits when you place your order, for a small additional fee. Permits are normally available in 10 working days, in some cases sooner.
Wait and Load Option
Where the Local Authority will not allow a RORO bin to be sited on a public Highway Wasteology offer a Wait and Load service that will enable a RORO bin to be loaded for a short duration of time, usually no longer than 2 hours.
- First 30 minutes of waiting included in the initial price of collection
- Additional costs are based on a pro rata basis
- No permits required
- You are legally responsible for the contents of the RORO you hire. You need to ensure that the waste disposed in the skip is suitable for general disposal and that the RORO is not overloaded.
You are legally responsible for the waste disposed in the RORO and need to ensure that the container is not overloaded as this is a hazard. IF a RORO is above a level load then it is a potential danger when loaded and being transported on the public highways.
Please note that you must never set fire to the waste in a RORO or Skip.
Waste Types That Can Be Put In A RORO?
Wasteology offer 20,30 and 40 cubic yard RORO Waste Containers suitable for Construction Projects: Strip Out and Demolition as well as Commercial businesses: Retailers, Manufactures, and Industrial Estates.
- A 20 Cubic Yard – low sided and suitable for heavier waste types such as hardcore, rubble and soils.
- A 30 or 40 cubic yard RORO Waste Container – high sided and suitable for light builders waste and bulky wastes. Please refer to the dimension in the table above.
Waste Types Not to be placed in a RORO:
Electrical appliances, Fluorescent light tubes, Batteries
Fridges, Freezers and Air-conditioning units, TV’s and Monitors
Paints (including residues inside paint cans), Solvents, Aerosols and gas canisters
Liquids, Oil, fuel and other automotive fluids
Plasterboard, Asbestos, Tyres
Clinical or Medical Waste, Toxic materials
Large tree trunks
Unless you have notified us prior to ordering, an extra disposal fee may be charged if unsuitable waste is found in a RORO. This is because our skips/ROROs are normally hired for general waste, and hazardous waste requires alternative disposal methods.
Wasteology offers a hazardous waste disposal service, to enquire please call us on 01823 672 900 or email email@example.com