Do I Need A Site Waste Management Plan?
The regulations and legal duty to complete or provide the right records for a Site Waste Management Plan has been changed since October 1 2013. The governments "Red Tape Challenge" has enabled the necessary Site Waste Management Plans to be no longer mandatory.
Reducing waste saves businesses money and with awareness and appropriate guidance by Wasteology Construction Advisor, it is expected that we can reduce your costs in this way. This is because we record the information for every waste disposal movement anyway and are more than happy to assist our customers with the service they need. If your company is involved in Demolition,Pre Construction or Construction phases it will be important to record the following information:
However, Wasteology recognise that major contractors have been using SWMP's for many years. For this reason Wasteology continue to supply the necessary Waste Disposal records for SWMP's that encourage the effective management of materials and ensure waste is considered at all stages of a project – from design through to completion. Completing the SWMP requires an investment of time but using them should reduce costs and improve resource efficiency on the project.
- Waste Types
- Tonnages of Waste
- Recycle, Reuse or Recover of Waste at end destination
- Waste Transfer Notes of Waste Carrier
- Please note that prosecutions can result in £50,000 fines, or on-the-spot penalties, and both companies and individuals can be held liable.
SWMPs Exist To Promote Environmental Best Practise
Major contractors have been using SWMP's for many years. SWMP's encourage the effective management of materials and ensure waste is considered at all stages of a project – from design through to completion. Completion of an SWMP is an investment of time but using them reduces costs and improves resources efficiently.
Benefits Of Using Wasteology For Your SWMP
Wasteology has invested in training our Construction Team to understand our customer needs. Part of this training has been in Site Waste Management Plans.
Give our Construction Team a call now on 01823 672 900 or email email@example.com
- Recycled Reports and data can be provided promptly and efficiently
- Reliable high performers in reducing waste to landfill by following the Waste Hierarchy
- Accredited with Halving Waste to Landfill
- High Recycle rates, with options of Zero Waste to Landfill