Get An Instant Skip Hire Quotation click here
In just two simple steps get a price from Wasteology and book your skip for same day delivery, subject to availability.
What Size Skip to Hire?
Skip Sizes are to help you choose which is right for you to dispose of your waste. Please ensure adequate access to load the skip once it is full of waste.
|2 yd3||4 yd3||6 yd3||8 yd3||12 yd3|
Wasteology Skip Hire Service in Somerset and Devon
Including: Wellington, Taunton, Bridgwater,Chard, Yevol, Minehead, Tiverton, Honiton, Cullompton, Exeter, Axminster and more.
Ordering A Skip From Wasteology
Wasteology has a friendly team to take your call and respond efficiently. Ensuring the right skip service is set up for you as soon as possible.
- Call us on 01823 672900
- OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Have contact details ready and please ensure that adequate access to the skip is available for the skip lorry to load the skip.
Added Benefits Of Using Wasteology For Skip Hire
Wasteology operate a cost effective and efficient timely service for Commercial, Industrial and Construction Sites.
- Our vehicles have a telematics system for real time tracking enabling reliable scheduled collections.
- We are accredited and trained to comply with your regulations for Site Waste Management Plans (SWMP) and Recycle Reports.
- We are committed to Halving Waste To Landfill and all waste materials collected are treated at our Waste Transfer Stations in Wellington Somerset.
Access, Permits, Wait & Load and Legal Responsibility For Skip Hire
Where can I put a Skip? A typical Skip lorry is 9ft wide, 22ft long and has a gross weight of around 17 tonnes with a full skip. You will need to bear this in mind if you require the skip placed in a confined or weak space (such as very narrow streets or weak bridges, behind houses etc.). You cannot locate a skip directly below low trees.
Otherwise, you may need to consider placing the skip in another location, such as on the public highway. If accessibility is a problem, then contact a member of the Transport Team on 01823 672 900, as we can still offer alternative waste disposal services apart from skip hire.
Do I Need A Permit?
A permit is required if the skip is to be placed on a public highway. Wasteology is able to provide permits when you place your order, for a small additional fee. Permits are normally available in 10 working days, in some cases sooner.
Wait and Load Option
Where the Local Authority will not allow a Skip to be sited on a public highway Wasteology offer a Wait and Load service that will enable a Skip to be loaded for a short duration of time, usually no longer than 2 hours.
- First 30 minutes of waiting included in the initial price of collection
- Additional costs are based on a pro rata basis
- No permits required
- You are legally responsible for the contents of the RORO you hire. You need to ensure that the waste disposed in the skip is suitable for general disposal and that the Skip is not overloaded.
You are legally responsible for the waste disposed in the Skip and need to ensure that the container is not overloaded as this is a hazard. If a Skip is above a level load then it is a potential danger when loaded and being transported on the public highways.
Please note that you must never set fire to the waste in a Skip.
What can be put in the Skip?
A Skip can contain General Waste or segregated Recycled (DMR) waste.
There are some restrictions:
- Heavy wastes (soils, bricks or concrete) must not be placed in any container larger than an 8 yard. Larger containers are available for larger light bulk materials.
- Over weight loads for the vehicle carrying out the haulage
- Any contents exceeding a level load
- Hazardous Waste, an extra disposal fee will apply
Electrical appliances, Fluorescent light tubes, Batteries
Fridges, Freezers and Air-conditioning units, TV’s and Monitors
Paints (including residues inside paint cans), Solvents, Aerosols and gas canisters
Liquids, Oil, fuel and other automotive fluids
Plasterboard, Asbestos, Tyres
Clinical or Medical Waste, Toxic materials
Large tree trunks
If you want to know how we process your waste and recycle the above materials please click onto Recycling