Apply for a Job with Wasteology…
We are always open to taking on new drivers.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
This is an excellent opportunity for an HGV Class 1 and 2 Driver to join our depot in:
Key Responsibilities include:
- Drive Category C/C+E vehicle safely, legally and efficiently as required.
- Comply with all drivers hours and Road Transport Directive legislation.
- Load and unload vehicle and maintain safety and security of load at all times.
- Carry out all necessary checks to ensure vehicle is safe and legal and to follow appropriate procedures if it is not.
- Act as company ambassador when dealing with customers.
- Complete all paperwork promptly and accurately as required (include any electronic devices that might be used, scanners, hand held PDA etc).
- Plan and adapt routes as necessary and feedback to traffic office on any issues around load planning and routing.
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements in depot, on road and at customers’ premises and to take responsibility for ensuring own fitness to drive at all times.
Ideal candidate will have:
- A class 1 or 2 licence and CPC card.
- At least 1 years’ HGV driving experience.
- Thorough knowledge of drivers’ hours legislation, tachograph procedures and other legal obligations.
- A good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Adapt to changes in working procedures and practices and is open to opportunities to improve own skills.
In return you will receive:
- A competitive salary
- 20 days holiday
- Quarterly bonus scheme
For further information please contact us on 020 7232 1711 or email Careers@rtswaste.co.uk with your CV.